Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Fishes

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

February 12th, 2014

The Fishes 

                     Zodiac signs have always been something that interest me. I'm just not sure I buy into the idea that the way the stars are aligned combined with my birthday can determine parts of my personality. So, I took it upon myself to do some research and find out a little more about my zodiac sign. I was born on March 8th, making me the fishes, also known as a Pisces. I looked up the Pisces; their personality traits, their general goals, and actions. Surprisingly, I found most of it to be pretty accurate. However, there are some Pisces' traits that I do not think I possess. 
                    According to my research, a Pisces has many positive and negative traits. On the positive side, a Pisces is a very compassionate, selfless and giving person with a nurturing and gentle soul. This means that they would do anything for the ones they love. However, most times the Pisces' compassion and good deeds go unacknowledged. Pisces are also said to be intuitive and have great imaginations.
                   On the negative side, Pisces are sensitive and tend to be overemotional. This causes them to make mountains out of molehills. This can be frustrating, along with a Pisces tendencies to be strong headed, idealistic, and impractical. Another negative trait of a Pisces is their laziness. A Pisces tend to be lazy when things do not go their way, or when doing something they don't care about. Lastly, Pisces tend to be pessimistic and see the glass half empty.
                    After my research, I'm starting to believe a little more in the connection between someone's personality and their zodiac sign. As a Pisces, I do possess many of the traits listed above. I consider myself to be compassionate and nurturing, like expected of a Pisces. I would do anything for the ones I love at the drop of a hat. Others' happiness is very important to me. I also feel like my deeds do go unacknowledged, and like sometimes my loyalty is taken for granted. However, like most Pisces, I possess some negative traits too. I am definitely guilty of making mountains into molehills. I'm also very strong headed and tend to always think I'm right. I do not think I am lazy, though. I am constantly doing something, from cleaning to homework. I also see myself as more of an optimist than a pessimist. As you can see, I possess most qualities of a Pisces. This helps further my belief in astrology and zodiac signs.
                   

1 comment:

  1. Nice post - will you explore more? Will you "buy" the package? :) ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete