Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Things That Have Shaped Who I Am__My Mother

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

February 25th, 2014

Things That Have Shaped Who I Am
My Mother

                 As I continue this series of things that have shaped who I am, I would like to talk about my mom. I've learned a lot from her. She's the one person I know I can call at three in the morning no matter what, whether I'm crying or just want to tell her a joke, or ask a stupid question. I can count on her. She helps me with all of my problems, even if they're things people don't usually share with their parents. I love her very much. 
               I learned many things from my mom. I think the the first thing is selflessness. My mother is one of the most selfless people I've ever met. Everything she did growing up was for me and my sister. She didn't always have much money, and she spent most of it on my sister and I. She would come home with things that she saw in the store that she thought we liked and surprise us. She took us to places like Incredible Pizza and the pool, even though she had to sit out on the side, alone. She threw me a birthday party every year with all of my friends. She is just the most giving person I have ever met to this day. She would do anything to make her loved ones happy. 
               My mother is also very strong. She has always persevered. Due to having me so young, she never went to college after highschool. However, after about ten years of raising us kids, she went back to school. She still continues to further her education, and I look up to her for that. 
              I also look up to my mom for being the most fun person I've ever met. She is silly and weird and I love it. I think this is the trait that I gained most from my mom. I'm very silly and very weird. My mom and I both make dumb jokes, talk in funny voices, and sing made up songs. We are also very sarcastic in our sense of humor. I think this gives me a special connection with my mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment