Sunday, March 2, 2014

Babies Having Babies

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

Babies Having Babies

                     Today I want to do my free-writing about how everybody I know is having babies and getting married. I know that this is part of life. Your friends grow up and start to have kids of their own, and you wonder how old you are and where time went. The thing is, I just graduated last year. It has been less than a year since we all graduated, and were released into the world as "adults". I say "adults" and not adults, because many of the kids I graduated with had not yet earned the right to refer to themselves as adults. 
                     However, that hasn't stopped them. I know at least five people who are my age or younger who have their own children. I don't understand this. I can barely take care of myself! I understand mistakes happen, but that many mistakes? In today's society we have many different types of birth control available. Due to the availability of said products, I do not think there's much excuse for these unplanned pregnancies. 
                     What really bothers me, though, is some of the young parents I know planned their baby. These parents have been together less than a year, and one of them is unemployed, and in high school. Why would you do this to yourself? When you graduate high school you have all of the potential in the world. You can go to school, or to the army, or go straight into a career. Nowadays the sky's not even a limit. Kids have time to grow up and live to their fullest, before settling down. When you have your own babies so young, you're taking a lot of opportunities for yourself. I just wish people my age would make better choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment