Sunday, March 2, 2014

Time Machine

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

Flash to 1960

                        Today I have given myself a quick writing prompt. This prompt is: If you could travel in a time machine back to any time period, where would you go? To answer this question, I would go to the 1960s. There are many reasons I would choose this particular decade. First of all, the music in the 1960s was much more influential and unique. For example, in the 1960s there was The Beatles, Don Mclean, and Buddy Holly, as well as a younger Jimi Hendrix. These people made giant leaps for music. 
                         Also in the 1960s, things were simpler. There weren't computers, ipads, and cell phones. If you wanted to talk to someone then you had to talk to them. I feel like this could eliminate massive amounts of drama from my life. Lastly, I would want to go to the 1960s because I think it is full of culture. Times were changing in the 1960s. There were protests and riots, as well as Woodstock. I would love to be able to soak up all of the culture of the 1960s, even if I could only watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment