Sunday, March 2, 2014

March 8th

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

March 8th


                        Today I wish to freewrite about March 8th. Why is this date significant? It just happens to be my birthday. In case you don't have a calendar handy, that's less than a week away. In less than a week I will be 19 years old. I know that's not a particularly exciting age, but it's my birthday away from my parents and for some reason that excites me.Now that I'm parent free, I can do whatever I want for my birthday, and I don't have to invite them. I love my parents and all, but you don't always want them to be at your birthday party. 
                        I'm also excited for this particular birthday because I'm getting a new tattoo. I have waited a year for it, in order for my dad to come with me. It's very important for me that my dad be there for this particular tattoo. You see, my dad hates tattoos and doesn't approve of me having them. However, this one means a lot and I've waited. About a year ago, we lost my grandpa; my dad's father. He was always full of life, so when he was dying in the hospital, it was hard to go in and see him. I regret it everyday, but I never could make myself do it. I want to remember him how he was. 
                       When he passed I felt so awful for never visiting. My dad had asked me to go see him many times, but I always put it off. I lost my chance to say goodbye and I love you to my grandpa. I forever owe him for that. This tattoo is only a small gesture, but I want to remember my grandpa forever. But I want to remember when he was full of life, so I'm getting a portrait of him performing onstage, located on my shoulderblade. The tattoo will be taken from a picture he used to always show off, while bragging about being a lady's man. It's the perfect way to honor my grandpa and only six days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment