Sunday, March 2, 2014

Things That Have Shaped Who I Am__Kaitlyn Continued

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

Things That Have Shaped Who I Am
Kaitlyn's Revenge

                     In my last blog, I gave a bit of a background on who Kaitlyn is, or at least was. I ended by saying she made life awful for me for a year. This treatment is where Kaitlyn's role in shaping who I am is revealed. It all began one day when I upset her best friend, Kayla. I don't remember much about what I actually did to upset her, but Kaitlyn jumped at the chance to turn on me. 
                     It started off slower. I was on facebook and saw Kaitlyn's status was her revealing one of my darkest secrets. I would like to keep this particular secret to myself, but that's just the point. I can't write it here, so it definitely shouldn't have been posted on facebook. I blocked her and texted her, asking her to stop. To my knowledge, there were no more statuses made. I was relieved, thinking the worse was over. It was not. 
                     Kaitlyn and Kayla were both in my PE class. This is where most of the abuse continued. I came into PE that next day, to be greeted by glares. Trying to avoid confrontation, I went to the locker room to change. After this, we began running laps. Now, in my PE class we ran tag-team style with a partner. That way, one kid sits out while the other runs. Well, as Kaitlyn was sitting, I was running. Everytime I ran by she would yell insults at me. Lap 1- "Bitch!", Lap 2- "Whore!", Lap 3- "Fatass!", and so on and so forth. Now in most classes, the teacher would do something. My class was apparently different. My teacher did nothing. He continued to do nothing as this happened everyday. They did something new each day. Throwing balls at my head, cussing at me, making jokes loudly. It was an hour of being treated like crap. 
                     I eventually stopped going to PE. It felt so crappy to go it wasn't worth it. Even being a senior I was still growing up, and I still had my insecurities. I didn't need to have them yelled at me as I ran. This is the first impact Kaitlyn had. I had always been an A student, and not showing up to PE had dropped my grade way low. My mom felt too guilty to make me go, everytime she tried I found myself begging and crying. So, everyday I would show up right before lunch. This began to be a problem after first semester, when Kaitlyn transferred into my lunch period and my friends transferred out. I'm not the type who cares to eat alone, so I sat down one day to eat. Kaitlyn threw food at me, as well as shouted insults. Eventually, I would end up eating all my lunches alone, on the floor in a deserted hallway. 
                   Just like lunch, my friends weren't there for my classes. This made school become somewhere I went everyday to try to learn something while suffering through constant abuse. I slowly began showing up less and less. I would show up to get my schoolwork for the week, and go home. You were lucky if you saw me again before the next week. This plummeted my attendance to 56%. My principal almost didn't let me graduate. This meant I had to start going to school more. I became very jaded. Just walked in like a zombie, went through the motions, and came home. I hated every minute of it. I became the most depressed I've ever been. 
                  I finally got to the point where I realized I had nothing else to lose and I didn't care. So one day, Kaitlyn had the audacity to ask me for a shirt she left at my house months ago. I responded "I don't think so." She asked why and I told her I wasn't going to do something for her since she treated me so poorly everyday. She responded very loudly with "Well maybe if you weren't such a nasty bitch, I wouldn't have to." The whole class heard this one. They all turned to gawk at us. Suddenly, the bell rung and we walked out, on the way to lunch. I approached Kaitlyn and very maturely asking what I did to make her treat me like this and what I needed to do to stop it. She told me I had turned into a fatass, and then she punched me straight in the nose. 
                 This is the first time I had ever had a confrontation that turned violent. I was so angry. Although I regret it everyday of my life, I did not hit her back. Instead I shouted "Are you kidding me?!" And walked to the office. I asked to go home and told them what happened. She got one day of suspension, and I ended up having a broken nose. I had to get surgery. After this, my parents were fed up. They filed assault charges. This cause Kaitlyn's abuse to stop. 
                 This whole thing played a very large role in who I am. I was so depressed that Kaitlyn was right, I had gained weight. However, after the abuse stopped, I got my stuff together and graduated. I moved out of my house with my awesome boyfriend, and I lost 45 pounds. I'm in the best shape I've ever been in. Also, I'm doing well in school, and at work. I feel confident in myself and definitely don't let others push me around anymore. Kaitlyn ended up dropping out of high school. She does not have a job, and I hear she's on some powdery substance. Karma bit her in the ass and she couldn't have deserved it more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment