Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hakuna Matata

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

Hakuna Matata

                         Hakuna Matata is a Swahili phrase meaning 'no problem'. It was made popular by the children's movie, The Lion King. As a young one this movie was one of my favorites, so I grew up watching it. I always liked Timon and Pumba, but as I grew older I began to appreciate the message they send. "Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase. Hakuna Matata for the rest of your days. It means no worries for the rest of your days. Its our problem-free philosophy, Hakuna Matata." 
                         I try to live my life by this message every single day. In life, you constantly have things pushing you down. This can be troubles with work, relationships, school, whatever. You really have just got try your best and keep your chin up. Worrying about your problems will never solve them, and I used to forget that. I would easily get worked up over anything, and worry and worry. Eventually, too many things happen in life. You have to learn to roll with the punches, and I think now I'm much better at this. I'm also a lot happier. To commemorate the hard times leading to this way of thinking, I have hakuna matata tattooed on my ribcage. It is there to always remind me to not worry, and think positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment