Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Religion

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

My Religion- Or lack of 

                             Today I am going to explain my beliefs. I wish to do this mainly because most of my classmates are continuously shoving their religions down my throat. I'd swear they think they'll die if they don't mention it. I, on the other hand, try to be respectful of others and their beliefs. I don't want to assume others feel the same way I do, and I don't want people to think I'm being pushy. I feel like here, on my own blog, I can state my beliefs.
                             Unlike 90% of my classmates, I am not christian. I do not believe we were created by one man. I think that it's entirely too unlikely and illogical. Things in life have an explanation, even if you don't know what it is. Think of everything we didn't know hundreds of years ago that we know now. We are constantly finding new explanations, however, I don't think that one of those scientific explanations is going to be a mystical man who somehow is invincible to all of the rules and explanations of science thus far. I am not intending to be rude, but to me it just doesn't make sense. So, I guess you can say I believe more in science instead of a god. 
                             However, I could be wrong. Luckily, I'm not someone who needs the answer. I'm okay with not knowing where I came from. What truly matters is where I'm going. So instead of worrying about religion, or lack of, I focus on treating people well and improving myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment