Sunday, March 2, 2014

Headlights

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

Headlights

                   Right now I'm listening to a new song that I like very much. It's called Headlights, by Eminem. It's not Eminem's usual rap, where he throws out violent insults, but instead an apology to his mother. He apologizes for being so mean to her. Even though she wasn't a good parent, he talks about how she's still his mom and he will always love her no matter what. It's a nice change for Eminem. It seems like he's getting his life together, and that makes it my favorite song.
                   Eminem's transformation is not the only reason I like this song, though. There is a particular line in the song that I like, it goes: "I guess we are who we are. Headlights shining in the dark night, I drive on." I like this line a lot because I feel like it's saying two important things. The first one being that you can't help the cards you're dealt. You can't change your parents, or your home, even if you hate them. You are who you are. You can only do the best what you've been given. The second thing is that you can't help what others do. You can't change other's actions, so you might as well keep on doing your best. You might as well keep 'driving' on through. I think both of these are lessons that can be applied to real life, which is why this is my favorite song right now. They seem to relate to my life at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment