Sunday, March 2, 2014

Plans for the Future

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

Plans for the Future

                       As I have stated in many previous blogs, I'm still pretty young. I'm at the ripe age of 18, until Saturday when I turn 19. Like most kids my age, I have begun my own life. I have moved out of my parent's and started school. However, I have no clue where to go from here! Other kids my age already know their majors and where they want to work, while I have no clue. I grew up wanting to be a teacher, then a music producer, then a teacher again, then a social worker, after that I thought about starting my own business, and now I don't know. The thing is, I don't think that doing one thing for the rest of life will make me happy. I'm the type of person who gets bored really easily, and I like to change my mind often. I'm afraid that if I spend money to pay for a degree, I'll only use that degree for a few years. I don't want to be in debt my whole life for a degree I don't use. 
                     With this in mind, I plan to finish getting my general education courses. After that, I am thinking about getting a vague degree, like business. With this degree maybe I can have freedom to either start my own business, or be a manager somewhere. If I were to become a manager, I would be able to manage many types of businesses, allowing me to change my mind. After finishing this degree I hope to put it to good use in Florida. My boyfriend and I have talked about moving down there after the two of us finish school. We want to live on the beach, where it's beautiful. That's about all of my plans so far. I hope to make up the rest as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment