Sunday, March 2, 2014

Eminem

Kaley Stock

Ms. Kelly Anthony

14SP-ENG-101-W05

March 2nd, 2014

Eminem

                    This freewrite is a little random. I'm going to spend my ten minutes talking about the rapper, Eminem. Eminem is a very controversial member of the rap game. He has caused trouble amongst parents, children, and the government. He has a way of using atrocious language to deliver insults and harsh feelings about his life. He also references violence as well as drugs and alcohol. This has caused much hatred for him. 
                    However, these are all of the that I love Eminem. He says all of the things that I can't say. I'm not saying that I would ever want to slit someone's throat and put them in a trunk, but sometimes I do have pent up anger. Listening to Eminem, to me is like fighting out all of my anger without actually doing anything. I just jam out to Eminem, and somehow I end up feeling less angry. Eminem doesn't only have angry music, though. He also has written songs about his struggles with raising his daughter. In his newest album, he writes about how he's overcome his adversities, and apologizes to the people he has hurt. It's good to know that he can go from being so angry to overcoming all of it, and improving himself. That gives me hope. 
                     It gives me hope because he has come from relatable means. He was born in Missouri, just like me. He knows what it's like to eat hamburger helper everyday because it's cheap. He's seen the type of people that live in Missouri. He's been where I've been, except within worse circumstances. So if he can make something of himself, so can I.

No comments:

Post a Comment